SURIA CARE SERVICE CONTRACT TERMS & CONDITIONS
This Suria Care Service Contract provides coverage for parts and labor in respect of the covered Product stated on the Suria Jerai Sales Invoice/Receipt for covered inherent mechanical and electrical defects only and only to the extent provided by the manufacturer of the Product; and extends that Coverage for a further period commencing upon the expiry of the manufacturer’s warranty and Extended Warranty Contract and ending on the Suria Care Service Contract Expiry Date in accordance with the Suria Care Service Contract Plan selected for that Product.This means that, inclusive of manufacturer’s warranty and Extended Warranty Service Contract period, the Product will have a total warranty stated from the date of Suria Jerai Sales Invoice/Receipt of the Product, subject to payment of the applicable fee for the Suria Care Plan selected.
In the case of consumer products such as electronics and major appliances, the use is or has been limited to domestic and personal use. Office products such as facsimile, copiers, scanners, printers and computers are covered for office, domestic and personal use.
If this Suria Care Service Contract is purchase for a computer system, this Suria Care Service Contract Plan covers the following components if purchased at the same time, all internal components resident within the computer system casing, monitor, keyboard, mouse and speakers.
On-site service charges for repairs are covered only if the original manufacturer’s warranty states on-site service. Otherwise, the customer will pay on-site service charges.
This Suria Care Service Contract may only be purchased upon purchase of a Product and only covers a Product which:
Is purchase new from Suria Jerai
In manufactured for the use in Malaysia; and
Included at the time of purchase, the manufacturer’s complete and original warranty is valid in Malaysia.
If the manufacturer’s warranty period for the Product has not expired, contact the manufacturer or their authorized repairer directly.
If the manufacturer’s warranty period for the Product has expired and this Suria Care Service Contract is in effect, please call Suria Care Service Contract Fixline at 04-4681395 & 016-4184969 during office hours (Saturday to Thursday 10am to 5pm) and our experienced Customer Service Representatives will assist in meeting your service needs. Repairs must only be carried out by the authorized repairer as directed by Suria Jerai. No repair is allowed without authorization from Suria Jerai.
For all repairs, this Suria Care Service Contract Certificate and the Suria Jerai Sales Invoice/Receipt for the Product must be presented.
Consult your manufacturer’s instructions to determine if the failure to operate is due to circumstances that may be corrected by yourself. If the breakdown is not covered by this Suria Care Service Contract, you will be charged for the cost of repair.
SUBMISSION OF REPAIR CLAIM:
It shall be a term of this Suria Care Service Contract that in event of a breakdown that may give rise to a claim for repairs under this Suria Care Service Contract, the Product covered under this Suria Care Service Contract must be presented to the authorized repairer as directed by Suria Jerai within the Suria Care Service Contract coverage period and in any case, within fourteen (14) days of the happening such event.
• Products that are still covered by the manufacturer’s original written warranty, repairer’s warranty, or any other warranty in effect.
• Any defects that are subject to the manufacturer’s recall.
• Manufacturer’s recommended routine maintenance, inspection, cleaning, lubrication, external adjustment and any other instructions.
• Non-operating and cosmetic items, paint, color, or Product finish; accessories used in or with the Product; external cables and cords; glass and lens; add-on options incorporated.
• Unauthorized modifications made to the Product; altered serial numbers; failure to follow manufacturer’s instructions on installation, operation or maintenance; repairs performed by non-authorized repairer; any items not affecting the function of the Products; image burn.
• Software (including operating system and any stored data), defects resulting directly from software installation and or removal, computer virus, virus prevention, and other peripherals.
• Repairs to hardware that has been added after the original purchase of the Product.
• Consumables such as vacuum cleaner belts, toner, print or ink cartridges, bulbs, compact discs, digital tapes, etc.
• All batteries (including regular (non-charbeable batteries)) unless specifically covered in the Contract.
• External faults such as wiring, electrical connection or plumbing, piping, trunking, fitting, realigning of signal receivers (poor reception), and consequential loss of any kind.
• Repairs necessitated by accidental or intentional physical damage, spilled liquid unless specifically covered in the Contract.
• Burglary, theft, corrosion, animal and insect infestation, misuse, neglect and abuse.
• Failure caused by a voltage converter and / or applying incorrect voltage to the Product.
• Diagnosis where no defect has been found or noted.
• Defects and on-site service charges not covered by the manufacturer’s original written warranty, unless otherwise stated as covered above.
• Shipping charges and damage, express service charges, transportation damage, removal, installation or reinstallation of the Product, products on loan during the repair process.
• Commercial use (multi-user organizations), public rental, use for profit or communal use for multi-family housing.
• Any loss or damage to the Product resulting from fire or flood, howsoever caused.
• Any loss or damage to the Product resulting from an act of God (including without limitation, events such as earthquake, war, invasion, act of foreign enemy, hostilities or warlike operations, civil war, civil commotion).
THIS SURIA CARE SERVICE CONTRACT IS NOT AN INSURANCE POLICY. IT IS A SERVICE CONTRACT PROVIDING REPAIRS FOR COVERED DEFECTS. IT DOES NOT PROVIDE ANY GUARANTEE OR PROMISE RELATING TO THE NATURE OF THE MATERIAL, WORKMANSHIP OR PERFORMANCE OF THE COVERED PRODUCT.
This Suria Care Service Contract is valid in Malaysia only. This agreement may be transferred to any subsequent owner of the Product by submitting in writing within ten (10) days of the change of ownership the name and address of new owner. In the event the Product covered under this Suria Care Service Contract is replaced directly by the manufacturer, the customer must submit to Suria Jerai the manufacturer’s delivery receipt and serial number of the new product within ten (10) days of the transaction. This Suria Care Service Contract is not transferable to another item.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
• Coverage will not, under any circumstances, extend to any loss or injury to a person or loss or damage to property or any incidental, contingent, special or any direct or indirect loss and consequential damages including but not limiting to losses incurred due to any delay in rendering service related to this Contract and loss of use during the period that your Product is at an authorized repairer and/or while awaiting parts.
• Suria Jerai liability for any one (1) repair visit shall in no event exceed the market value of the Product at the time of said repair visit.
• Replacement parts will be new, original or non-original manufacturer’s parts that perform to factory specifications of the product determined at our discretion.
• Suria Jerai will replace your Product with one of like kind and quality if the Product is not repairable or beyond economical repair or Customer need to pay extra differences amount if the old set return is value more lower than the new set replacement.
• The total of all benefits paid or payable under this Suria Care Service Contract while it is in force shall not exceed the original purchase price paid by the Suria Care Service Contract Purchaser for the Product covered by the Suria Care Service Contract.
TERMINATION AND CANCELLATION
This Suria Care Service Contract shall terminate immediately with no refund of the Suria Care Service Contract Fee in the event of any of the following:
• Subsequent sales of the Product when no written request to transfer this Suria Care Service Contract to the new owner has been received by Suria Jerai;
• Disposal or repossession of the Product;
• Unauthorized repair, replacement or modification of the Product;
• If the product is moved out of the country of purchase, it will not be covered by this Suria Care Service Contract.
Cancellation of this Suria Care Service Contract is applicable only when the Product is returned to or exchanged by Suria Jerai within seven (7) days from the date of purchase. Suria Care Service Contract Original Sales Invoice/Receipt together with the Suria Care Service Contract Certificate must also be returned to Suria Jerai to obtain a refund.
This is the entire agreement between Suria Jerai and the Purchaser of this Suria Care Service Contract and no other oral or written representation is valid. In the event of any inconsistency between the English text and text in other languages, the English version shall prevall.